My personal passions include biking, hiking, and traveling. I have also coached lacrosse at a minor level in Port Moody (2015 & 2016). I have lived and studied in Halifax, New Zealand, and Germany.
“I am a partner at BTM Lawyers, with a strong connection to Port Moody, where I live and work. My primary areas of practice are Family and Estate law. I have also worked on a number of high profile criminal trials and was a judge’s clerk at the Supreme Court of British Columbia early in my legal career. In addition, I have volunteered my time coaching law students through the University of British Columbia’s Law Students’ Legal Advice Program, have written a number of papers for legal conferences, and have been a local Board member for a number of years.
I have a calm nature and look forward to helping clients through what can be a very stressful period in their lives.”
Community Involvement, Hobbies, and Personal Interests
- R. v. Proulx, 2005 BCSC 184
- R. v. Madrusan, 2005 BCCA 609
- R. v. Pickton, 2006 BCSC 1090
- A.E.E. v. L.L., 2009 BCPC 284
- R. v. Kingsbury, 2011 BCSC 867
- De Jong v. Gardner, 2013 BCSC 1303
- Gooch v. E.M.F. Holdings Ltd., 2013 BCCA 148
- Learmouth v. Statham, 2014 BCSC 19
- Morgadinho v. Morgadinho, 2014 BCSC 192
- Armillotta v. Armillotta, 2018 BCSC 1722
Recognition & Awards
Recipient of the 2008 Presidents Award from the Trial Lawyers Association of BC