I practice mainly in the areas of construction law, commercial litigation, and family law. I enjoy working with my clients to develop creative and effective strategies to best suit their particular needs.
Prior to joining BTM Lawyers, I practiced with a large international law firm, gaining valuable experience in numerous areas of construction law, including negotiation, mediation, and litigation of complex disputes.
I advise a broad range of industry participants, including: project owners and developers, construction managers, contractors, subcontractors, architects, engineers, materials suppliers/manufacturers, and municipalities. This provides me with unique insight into the local industry.
My commercial litigation practice has included product liability, corporate disputes, professional liability, and various insurance-related claims.
Community Involvement, Hobbies, Personal Interests
I love living in Port Moody, and my family and I take advantage of every opportunity to jog, cycle, or walk with our dog in our beautiful community. I’m an avid live music and theatre fan, and I’ve enjoyed singing and dancing in “The Lawyer Show” productions of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, and The Drowsy Chaperone. “The Lawyer Show” is a charity fundraiser for Carousel Theatre and Touchstone Theatre in Vancouver. Other favourite hobbies include travel and sampling Okanagan wines.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Tri-City Chamber of Commerce, “Tips for Getting Paid: Legal Strategies to Keep Funds Flowing”, October 2019
- Vancouver Regional Construction Association, “Construction Law Update”, February 2019
Memberships & Professional Affiliations
- Vancouver Regional Construction Association, (Member of U40 Executive Committee, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2016)
- Tri-City Chamber of Commerce
- BC Trial Lawyers Association
- Canadian Bar Association, Construction Law Sub-Section
- Canadian Bar Association, Municipal Law Sub-Section
- Canadian Bar Association, Civil Litigation Sub-Section
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Law Society of Alberta
LLB With Distinction from University of Alberta,
B.A. With Distinction (Major in Political Science) from University of Victoria